Skip to main content
Cook Expert Software Update: What is the USB Drive AND FAT 32 Formatting?
How do I format my USB drive to FAT 32?
- Right click on your USB drive > Format
- Choose FAT 32 as the File System > Start Warning - all other data on your USB drive will be lost.
My files are not exactly called flash.bin and Ipc1788.bin
- Make sure you haven’t downloaded them twice. Your computer will automatically rename the files (e.g. flash(1).bin). The files have to have their original names to work with the Cook Expert.
- If necessary, rename the files.
What type of USB drive should I choose?
- Choose a standard USB drive which can be inserted easily into the USB port. We do not recommend using drives that have special shapes. ONLY use small capacity drives (between 2 and 10 GB).
Why do I need to format my USB drive?
- So that the Cook Expert can easily recognise the activation files for the new functionality.
How do I know if my USB drive is the right format?
- Right click on the USB drive > Properties
- Go to General > File System If you can see FAT 32, the formatting is correct. Click Cancel.
I was interrupted or there was a power cut during the update. What should I do?
- No need to worry. Turn off the Cook Expert. Insert the USB drive again and start the activation process for the new functionality again.