- The minimum speed is 250 rpm and the maximum speed is 6,000 rpm.
- The Cook Expert's speed ranges from 0 (no speed) to 18, giving you more control over the speed of the blade.
While results may vary depending on your ingredients, you may use the list below as a guide:
Magimix Cook Expert Speed Guide
- Speed 0 or no stirring is perfect for delicate fish recipes, proving dough, sous vide for the perfect steak or used as a large pot for cooking spaghetti.
- Speed 1A will gently stir for a few seconds every 2 minutes. Use 1A when searing meat, slow-cooking, for stews or casseroles and sautéing on low heat.
- Speed 2A gently stirs every 10 seconds, creating a similar action to regularly stirring with a wooden spoon. 2A is great for risottos, porridge, rice pudding and sautéing on medium heat.
- Speed 3 is continuous stirring at the lowest speed and is perfect for jam making, béchamel sauce, whisking smooth mashed potato and sautéing on higher heat.
- Speeds 6 to 15 are great for roughly chopping ingredients before cooking in the Cook Expert. The speed will depend on the softness of the ingredient.
- Speed 6 for roughly chopped mushrooms.
- Speed 13 for roughly chopped carrot or onion.
- Speed 15 for grating hard cheeses and chocolate.
- Speed 18 is used for high-speed blending which will create an ultra-smooth consistency, Speed 18 also enables you to grind and mill hard items. Grind spice into a powder, make icing sugar from castor or granulated sugar, or mill grains into flour